Wednesday 10 November 2010



Another big gap in the blog (12 days since the last entry!) as I've been really busy and I've been doing a lot of travelling. Add to that an ongoing bout of "Man Flu" and you can see why I've been a bit light on blog entries.



Last week I was lucky to be commissioned once again by the guys at All Star Lanes who own the trendy boutique bowling alleys in London. I photographed the Brick Lane venue when it opened but they've had a refurb and I was called in last week to photograph the updated interior. I've attached a picture below from the American style diner. The food is fab and after the shoot Adam (the owner) fixed me up with an 8oz cheeseburger and chips - totally fab!.



That evening I also photographed a Go Karting event for a good mate at the Go Kart centre in Tottenham so that was a pretty busy day.



Last Friday I did my monthly radio phone in show on BBC Three Counties Radio with Lorna Milton. We had loads of texts and messages asking questions and the hour flew by.



This week I had a shoot in Aylesbury on Monday where I took a mixture of product and other PR shots for a new website for a lighting company. Then I was up in Leeds yesterday for a shoot and a client meeting and today I had some more product photography at a company HQ in Welwyn Garden City. I've got another product shoot tomorrow in Milton Keynes and I'm doing three small jobs in the Midlands on Friday.



The next couple of weeks are flat out too with a mixture of video and stills work so long may it continue!!!.



Although everything has been so tight this year financially I had to order a new car a couple of months ago as we lease our cars through the company and change them every couple of years. The one I've got now was delivered 3 months late and the same thing has happened again now!. I ordered a VW Passat (because it was a good deal) around two months ago and was assured that it would arrive in time as my Volvo goes back at the end of November. I popped in to see if it had arrived at the dealer earlier this week and was told it hasn't even been made yet!. Thanks for letting me know (not) and it's going to be at least another three months before it shows up. VW don't care that I've now got to borrow a car until they decide to deliver my new one - they even tried to charge me more for a lower spec one they had in stock!. Why are car manufacturers such twats?. In a deep recession where we are all having to fight so hard to survive you would expect all companies to be keen to keep customers happy. If I treated my clients like this I'd go bust.



I've got another truly great photographer to recommend to you - this time a lady photographer called Sheila Metzner. She shoots beautiful fashion and portraiture with a very cinematic lighting style and many of her shots are very grainy because they were taken with fast film. Here's the link to her website - http://www.sheilametzner.com/

Here's another shot from All Star Lanes :-

























No comments: