Sunday 18 March 2012

New website and blog

Luckily I'm back to full health after a few weeks of feeling really tired and flat due to Bronchitis. I think the down time might actually have done me some good as I feel refreshed and full of enthusiasm again. Photography is my life and I love my job so much so it's good to be firing on all cylinders again.
We are in the process of launching a brand new website and blog. It's been fun looking back through the archives and selecting some pictures to put on there and I've attached a few that we've picked out for the site here in the blog today.
Georges Quay Dublin
Ropemaker Street London
We will probably redirect this blog to the new address as it's a Wordpress blog that we are having designed but if we can't do that for any reason please keep checking www.redshift-photography.co.uk as this is where the new site will be. The old red and white website is still at that address at the moment and the new one will look totally different.


Selfridges London
Also please check out our Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Redshift-Photography/195658090518532 as we are starting to use this more often.

I'm also getting more into Google+ after struggling with it for a few weeks.Our page is https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/100203869197364017505/#

I've just downloaded the latest version of Adobe Lightroom (version 4) which is very impressive.There are quite a few improvements over the previous version and it's a lot cheaper to buy so I can recommend it highly for post processing RAW files. This version can also handle video and gives some basic video editing tools which is handy for anyone shooting an EOS 5D MK2 etc.
30 Great Queens Street London
Canon have just announced the new Canon EOS 5D MK3 which looks very interesting too. The body is priced at £3000 and we'll be ordering one as soon as the cash flow allows. The resolution is pretty much the same as the MK2 but it has some very useful additions such as a digital level to show if the camera is dead straight on the tripod and also automatic HDR blending. This won't provide finished print quality HDR pictures but it is a big step ahead and will make my workflow easier and faster.

Many thanks to everyone who's read my blog over the years and please do follow me on my new Wordpress blog and I look forward to blogging to you from Wordpress really soon.











No comments: