Wednesday 28 March 2012

Hi Everyone - I've decided to keep the Blogger blog going alongside the new Wordpress one for a while!.
Holophane Prismalume
Holophane Prismpack


This week has been relatively quiet compared to normal although it started off with a very early morning for me on Monday when I left home at 5.30am to get to Bracknell for a 7am start. I was photographing a Waitrose store for Edge Lighting (http://www.edgelighting.co.uk/) where they have installed some brand new LED recessed fittings into one of the aisles and the lit effect was very good indeed!.
Then on Wednesday I had a portrait shoot in Oxford with Rob Gregg who works for the Oxford University Estates Dept.The portrait of Rob is for an upcoming issue of Lux magazine and we had great fun walking around Oxford looking for locations outside with some street lighting or other lighting in the background to give some context to the photographs.
The rest of the week has been spent working on the new website and blog and all of today has been about uploading content and minor tweaks to the layout.
Next week is looking very busy though with some photography at Fenchurch Street Station, another Lux portrait shoot, an event in London, some product photography to do and a job in Sweden!!.
Last week I spent the day in the studio photographing the latest version of the classic Holophane Prismpack and Prismalume ranges. Without sounding too much like a lighting geek these are my favourite highbay lights of all time and I really enjoyed the shoot. I love the clean lines and the high quality of the finishes throughout the products from the reflectors down to the suspension loop and fixing brackets. Glass and aluminium products are always a tricky subject to light but I was pleased with the final pictures some of which appear in the gallery below.
Don't forget to check out my video company website www.inversesquaremedia.com if you haven't already. This is another website and blog designed by Dave at Daxic.





No comments: