Friday 18 November 2011

My feet are aching after a long week and I'm glad it's Friday although it's been an interesting week.

I had a shoot in London on Monday for BUPA at a care home in Battersea and that went very well. I always catch the train down to London and after the shoot I caught a bus back across town with Amy from BUPA and had a very late lunch (more tea really) at Euston.

Silky Chain - Olympus EPL1

Tuesday and Wednesday were spent in the office working on post shoot processing as well as designing the albums for the Philips Chairmans Awards lunch that I photographed at the Ritz a couple of weeks ago. It's the only event that I cover that requires albums (I don't do weddings etc) and it's really good to put the pictures in to the design software and create something that people are going to really enjoy looking at.
I use a really helpful and friendly company called MTA in Haddenham near Thame (http://www.mtauk.co.uk/index.html). They provide a free program called Mosaic that gives you various album templates and you simply drop in the pictures and move them around until your happy.

Cool graffiti on concrete blocks EPL1

Yesterday I was back in London doing a shoot at Smithfield Meat Market where I had to photograph a couple of refurbished office units for a large fitout contractor.I took my little Olympus EPL-1 fitted with a 17mm pancake lens along with me to London and kept it in my pocket. I snapped a few nice detail shots around the outside of Smithfield after my shoot and they're here in the blog. This little camera is perfect for candid street shots especially when fitted with the super slim pancake lens and I'd highly recommend one if you're in the market for a point and shoot camera.

Beautiful glass bricks Olympus EPL1

I was in Ashford today photographing a beautiful church for Havells Sylvania which looked superb. It's a long drive down to Kent so I decided to catch a train from Milton Keynes to London then caught a really cool super fast commuter train to Ashford from St Pancras. I made it home to Milton Keynes in around 2 1/4 hours which is pretty impressive. Next week I'm mainly shooting video rather than stills so I'm looking forward to that and the best thing about shooting video is that I don't have to edit it!.

To celebrate my busy week I've just popped in to the lovely deli across the road from our office in Winslow and bought a nice bottle of red wine which will all go tonight for sure.Cheers!.
PS Just remembered something - you'll know from my blog that my favourite camera shop in the world is Aperture Photographic in Museum Street London (there's a link on the right of my blog but the web address is http://www.apertureuk.com/). I popped in there yesterday for a coffee (it's a cafe as well - perfect!) and the guys told me that they are opening a new shop in January in London where they offer medium format processing a great prices. They are looking at around £15 to process a 120 roll film including a set of prints and a CD of the pictures - great news. I still love shooting medium format but getting prints etc has been tricky until now.









No comments: