Monday 4 April 2011

There's been another big gap in the blog (about two weeks since the last entry!) because I've been so busy and I've literally been working all hours just to keep up with the workload - great!. It's finally back to being mega busy as we were a couple of years ago before the big R took hold and long may it continue.
Since my last posting I've been away in Holland for a three day shoot for Megaman lamps, I've done a House of Fraser "before the re-light" shoot in Newcastle for Philips, a beautiful private house for DPA Lighting Consultants and photographed two campuses of the London Met University that have been recently refurbished.I've therefore spent the past three working days solidly post shoot processing loads of pictures and I'm now finally up to date (almost!).
Added to this I've had a couple of client meetings to discuss some video production work and also a day of script writing and pre production meetings for a couple of videos for Kinnarps (a top office furniture manufacturer and all round great client!).
I must admit the trip to Holland was intense (we squeezed in lots of different locations) but great fun and I went with Louise Ball the European Marketing Manager for Neonlight the owner of Megaman. Louise is great company and the time flew past and I've posted a night shot in today's blog of a superb house that we photographed which is lit entirely with Megaman LED lamps.

The best time to capture shots like this is between dusk and dark and there's usually about 30-40 minutes of deep blue sky before the light fades totally and the sky goes inky black (or in fact orange if you're near a big city).

The London Met University shoots were great fun too and I wanted to include blurred figures to give the space a sense of energy and liveliness that you'd expect to find in a college full of bright young people.
Here's a couple of shots - the one to the right from the Whitechapel
campus and the one to the left from
Holloway Road campus.
I've got a shoot with a local indie
band tomorrow where we're hoping to shoot something cool for a promotional poster and I'm doing some more pictures on Wednesday for Perry Scott Nash (a training and CDM consultancy) in Stevenage for their new corporate brochure.

Next week I've got some work in Northern Ireland (not a great time to go unfortunately due to the sad news about the young policeman who was killed) and the next few weeks are beginning to fill up with jobs in Glasgow, Newcastle, The Olympic Site in London and some work at Victoria and Kings Cross stations to name but a few!.













No comments: