Friday 11 February 2011

Had a pretty quiet week with just two jobs so not great for the cash flow situation!. On the plus side I've had time to get right up to date and next week is mega busy anyway so it will balance out in the end.

I had a meeting with my colleague Pete at Goldmoor Television (the guy that edits my video work) http://www.goldmoor.co.uk/mainmenu.html and we're setting up a new company together focusing on creating video content for lighting manufacturers and lighting designers. The trend for colour change lighting really lends itself to video and although I've done a few videos so far I think a new website and brand aimed squarely at that market is the way to go. Now it's a case of thinking of a new name for the company and creating a logo and website.

Learning to shoot video to proper broadcast standard is a skill that I'm learning and it's great to expand my skill set. Editing the footage is a whole new ballgame though and the software is so complex. That's why Pete is such a great asset and he really knows his stuff. It's not just the technical side of editing either, there's the creative element too and he's great at both those two parts.

The two jobs I had this week were both on the same day - one for BUPA in Peterborough then an event in London at the Hilton Doubletree Hotel near Oxford Circus. It was a mad day but I pulled it off and thankfully the week wasn't a financial disaster!. I drove over to Peterborough and did the shoot then zoomed back to Milton Keynes and caught the Virgin express train to Euston and got to the Hilton right on time. Those Virgin Pendelino trains are really good and you get from Milton Keynes to London Euston in around 40 minutes.

Next week I've got a portrait shoot at Philips Electronics in Guildford on Monday and my colleague Roger Parker is shooting a theatre for me on Monday too for another client so a good day for Redshift Photography!.

I've got a "before the refurb" shoot in Letchworth on Tuesday and a shoot in Kent on Wednesday where I'm photographing a new care home.

I'm working for BUPA again on Thursday in Nottingham covering an event and finally I'm down in Dorset on Friday photographing a trade stand for a company newspaper.



It will be a tiring week but just what I need to get things back on track after a fairly quiet start to February.

I've just added a Twitter feed to the blog which can be found right at the bottom of the page. I'm now an avid Tweeter and really enjoy following people and getting tweets from around the world. If you follow Twitter you can find me on there as redshiftphoto and I'd welcome any new followers. It's so cool to be able to take a photo on my phone and upload it to Twitter within a few seconds for everyone worldwide to see. I guess it's easy to see how these pro footballers and cricketers get into trouble so easily these days.

I've uploaded a couple of product shots to the blog today of some really beautiful spotlights made by Precision Lighting - a UK lighting manufacturer. Here's a link to their website - http://www.precisionlighting.co.uk/index.php. I took these ages ago but I found the archive disc of the RAW images last week and ran these two shots off to add to my Flickr page.

The pictures were taken using three 1000W Tungsten lights and the spotlights were placed inside a light tent to reduce the reflections in the aluminium finish.






No comments: