Sunday 28 August 2011

I tried to upload a picture from my Flickr account directly to the blog earlier today and it worked perfectly but I couldn't add any text!.The picture shows a superb new bollard that I photographed for Holophane last year and I can now show the pictures as the product has been released to the market.
I've linked all my online bits and pieces together so my blog,Linked In, Twitter, Flickr and Tumblr are all in some way linked together.Now I can add pictures directly to the blog from Flickr I can update the blog a bit more regularly. This is great as I've been so busy lately that I haven't had time to really do justice to the blog which is a shame as I really love updating it and keeping an online diary to look back on.
I've done some interesting commissions since the last entry including a day shooting the BUPA's Best campaign (more info in the next entry), the new crematorium in Milton Keynes for AJM Architects, a week in Scotland for Zumtobel lighting, the new LED test lab at Holophane in Milton Keynes and the new Severn Trent Water HQ in Coventry.I've also photographed another couple of BUPA care homes so I've been really busy and covering some miles in my trusty Ford Modeo (or my Capri Gear as I like to call it!).
The new office in Winslow is working out really well and most evenings after a shoot I head back there and do the post shoot processing meaning that I keep up to date with that part of the job which really relieves the pressure. Having the business outside of our home is the best thing we've done in the 9 years that we've been operating and I've found that I can really focus on work whilst I'm there and switch off more easily when I'm at home.

Taken with an Olympus ELP-1 and old Nikon 28mm MF lens

I like to review kit on the blog whenever I can and I recently decided to buy a new small SLR camera for my non work photography. I've always been a strong advocate of second hand kit but this time I picked up a bargain in PC World and bought new. The camera I bought is an Olympus EPL-1 which has now been replaced by the EPL-2 and EPL-3. They were over £600 a couple of years ago but PC World were selling off the old stock for £279 including a kit lens!. This deal is still available online and I can recommend this great little camera 100%. I've bought an adaptor to allow me to use my old Canon FD lenses and another to allow me to fit Nikon lenses to it.Today I took some pictures with an old manual focus Nikon 28mm lens mounted to the camera and the results were really good!.I've posted a picture in the blog that I took at the Bucks Railway Centre at Quainton today with the Olympus and Nikon 28mm lens.Because the Olympus has a small micro 4/3rds sensor the 28mm lens is effectively cropped in half and becomes a 56mm lens which is a great focal length for everyday photography.
We've just had a scarily large VAT bill and we should know the final Corporation Tax bill soon which we'll need to pay in December so I really hope the current busy workload carries on for a while yet although the economists seem intent on talking us into another recession!. Lets try and keep positive and hopefully we'll all be OK!.






No comments: