Tuesday 1 March 2011

Well it's still full on at the moment in terms of workload and the time is flying by.
Last week I had a shoot down in Worthing, one in Christchurch and a shoot inside Tower 42 (previously called the Natwest Tower). I also did a portrait shoot in the studio last weekend so quite a varied week!.
Tower 42 is one of my favourite London landmarks and I love working in such iconic buildings. The shoot was for Philips Lighting who have supplied some LED office modules and downlights into one of the floors.
The fittings look great and the lighting is very uniform and the space feels very well lit. The colour from the LED's is also very good and I noticed that the skin tones of the models looked great and I shot most of the pictures without any fill flash at all. Once the designers have chosen the pictures they want from the contact sheets I'll process them and post a couple to the blog.
The week before last I did a portrait shoot at Philips HQ with a very basic setup of one flash head and a white backdrop that I left unlit so that it faded to grey in the shots. The pictures were really well received by the guys at Philips and I've posted a couple in today's blog.




I've started working with a new client called Perry Scott Nash who provide CDM and health and safety training and yesterday we spent the day at The Holiday Inn Shepperton shooting pictures for a new brochure. This was an exciting day for me as we were looking to capture very subtle and suggestive pictures about training and working in partnership rather than more obvious shots of people in a room being lectured. I was involved in creating the ideas at a meeting back in January and I was relieved that on the day everything fell into place. I've attached a couple of my favourite shots in today's blog.
Later today I'm off to Bristol for another shoot at the new Environment Agency building for a different client and then tomorrow I'm in Oxford - one of my favourite cities in the world!.
I'm photographing a party in London on Wednesday night (a quick dash up the M40 from Oxford) then I've got a day photographing products in Milton Keynes of Thursday. To finish off a busy week we're scheduled for a shoot in Battersea Park on Friday but that one is weather permitting and looking out of the window right now I'm not too hopeful of getting a nice sunny day!.




No comments: