Friday 7 January 2011



Next week is now fully booked except Friday so January is off to a good start. I love being a photographer and I will hopefully never have to be anything else but it's always a real worry when the diary is full of holes as it was during a couple of months last year. Two or three bad months a year causes a real cash flow problem so my aim this year is to be more consistent and have good months every month rather than spectacular turnover one month and nothing the next. All I need to do is work out how to achieve this!. If anyone has the answer out there please let me know.


My other goals for this year are to take on an assistant, lease a small office, gain some more architects as clients and do some more fashion and portrait work. These goals are now set in stone and I'll keep you all up to date with my progress. The fashion industry is a very tough nut to crack but I will give it a real go and hopefully I'll make some progress.


I checked out the Apple ipad prices today and I must admit they are more expensive than I thought. It looks like an investment of around £700 to get a good spec one with wifi so that will have to wait until next month at the earliest. It's a shame as I can see the great potential in having one to use as a portfolio but as usual cash flow dictates that I need to wait. As I've become totally disillusioned with banks (greedy gits in my opinion) I don't intend to borrow money ever again unless I really have to so until I get the funds in the bank no ipad!.


I'm working at the Arc show next week photographing a stand for a company called Occhio so if anyone is reading this and will be at Arc on Wednesday let me know and I'll buy you a coffee. That might not sound very generous but coffee at the Building Design Centre in Islington is mega expensive so feel free to take me up on my offer.


I was looking through my Flickr gallery today and noticed that a couple of my favourite shots were missing so I went through the archive and dug them out. I've posted them in today's blog and you might think I've gone mad but I love industrial minimalist architecture and the staircase in the pictures is one of my favourites. I took the pictures for Whitecroft Lighting a couple of years ago at Lincoln University and I love the concrete and steel finishes.










No comments: